The world’s most advanced DVS Instrument, DVS Resolution is a dual vapor gravimetric analyser, with key feature, is the combined ability to precisely control and measure temperature and relative humidity while recording the highest resolution changes in mass.
DVS Resolution uses a dry carrier gas typically nitrogen or compressed air for its operation. Digital mass flow controllers regulate flows of dry and saturated gases.
Relative humidity is generated by precisely mixing dry and saturated gas flows in desired flow ratios which produce expected relative humidity. In a typical experiment a known concentration of water vapor is delivered over a sample placed inside the sample pan connected to the Surface Measurement Systems UltraBalance™ measuring real-time mass changes caused by sorption or desorption of water molecules.
Key Measurement Capabilities:
- Water, organic solvent and gas sorption/desorption isotherms
- Co-adsorption isotherms using two vapours
- Optional in-situ sample preheating/drying
- Multiple sorption/desorption and sample drying or activation cycles
- Sample masses from 1 mg to 5000 mg
- Surface and bulk measurement capabilities and analysis
Key Hardware/Software Benefits:
- Open stainless steel stand design enabling easy access to sample pan while minimizing static electric charging
- Broad range (5-85⁰C) and single uniform and accurate temperature enclosure
- Next generation control and evaluation software for the most advanced experimental design and data analysis
- Capable of upgrading to 5 balances
- Optional IR, Raman and Video imaging with integrated control software