A key feature of DVS Endeavour is the ability to precisely control and measure temperature and relative humidity while simultaneously recording the highest resolution changes in mass on up to 5 samples.
Additionally Organic vapor partial pressures can now be directly measured using Surface Measurement Systems’ Speed of Sound sensor (patented).
In a typical experiment a known concentration of water vapor or organic vapor is delivered over a sample placed inside the sample pan. The sample pan is connected to the Surface Measurement Systems Ultrabalance measuring real-time mass changes caused by sorption or desorption of water and/or organic molecules.
Key measuring capabilities:
- Real-time simultaneous parallel mass measurements and sorption kinetics for up to 5 samples
- Individual sample chamber isolation preventing crossover contamination
- Sample masses from 1 mg to 5000 mg
- Water and organic vapor sorption kinetics and control using patented Speed of Sound vapor sensor measurement technology
- Multiple sorption/desorption, temperature and sample drying or activation cycles.
Key hardware benefits:
- 5 individual balances operating in parallel
- Open stainless steel stand design allows easy access to sample pans while minimizing static electric charging
- Patented Speed of Sound vapor sensor measurement technology
- Broad temperature range (10-70⁰C) from a single uniform and accurate temperature enclosure
- Next generation control and analysis software for the most advanced experimental design and data evaluation